my dog ate the catnip, I immediately thought if he would run like a nut or die. I had no idea what to expect. I think you will feel calm when we discuss a few things.
- It won’t poison your dog! Most dogs have no adverse reaction at all. Stomach problems may be the most, but nothing like that. It would also only be if he ate a lot of it. My dog was able to feed two cat mice a cat. No problem. The next day his stools were slightly rash, but that didn’t cause much concern.
- It may start sneezing, but it will be the worst. You will not see your dog being too angry and sneezing that you can do nothing else. It may appear as if it had dust in his nose. Basically, depending on where the cathorn was when it came to it, it might very well be a cat getting into his nostrils. Was it loose in the bag or was it the part of the mouse that stayed together most of the time. If he was chewing his mouse to shred, then he probably got some catnip in his nose!
- It would be a good idea to double check when buying a cat or cat toy that you are buying a natural, non-sprayed catnip. You always run the risk of an unknown product being sprayed for some reason. If you start buying more natural catnip, you will be less likely to get annoyed if he decides to do so.
- You may find that catnip has the same effect on your dog as your cat. If your dog starts jogging and screaming (but happy), then you get a 2 for 1 deal when it comes to your animal toys. Still, you may need to buy a firmer dog for yourself!
- You can make your own dognip toy by removing the stuffing from a regular dog toy and then stuffing it with aniseed seeds or aniseed extract. It makes for a wonderful, cheap toy. Especially if you have any extra toys lying around that have seen better stuffing days. It’s a great way to recycle.
- If you notice that your dog is very tired and sick and that catnip does not seem like a real problem, you may need to check that your dog has chosen a food option. There are many dog foods that are not safe, so you may notice the symptoms. It takes some time to research the food, but make sure you take the time.