Now is the time for your soul-searching. It is really important to think very carefully and sincerely whether you have the best chance of adopting a sphinx (or indeed any pet). Without shelter, nutritious food and your time, your pet will need proper medical care. This is one of the biggest responsibilities of being a pet owner. If you think the time is wrong all four of these pet care factors, then you are not ready to accept the sphinx. A common question people ask when considering getting a sphinx in their home is: “What are the pros and cons of owning a sphinx?”
- Sphynx cats do not swim because they are hairless. In fact, they have a fine coat of fur on their skin that is almost impossible to see.
- Sphinxes are infinitely loving and support more than most cats.
- The Sphinx pushes the traditional boundaries between dogs and cats.
- They usually handle very well with other pets, even dogs.
- You become part of the exclusive Sphinx Owners Club because they are so rare. It can open you up to wonderful friendships.
- Hairless cats are very smart and can be trained.
- They have proven positive effects on human health.
- Naked cats love to dress because they don’t like being cold!
- They will warm you up at night.
- Sphynx is a healthy breed, unknown specific health or genetic problems.
- The Sphynx breed is more demanding than other cats in terms of the level of attention they require. This can be reduced slightly by buying two Sphynx cats to have each other’s company.
- Sphynx eat and pely a lot because of their high metabolism.
- The special feature of the Sphynx hairless coat means that their skin becomes rather oily and oily. They should be bathed regularly, once or twice a week.
- You will need to clean the sphinx’s ears and cut their nails.
- The Sphinx is a very mischievous and playful cat. They climb and jump on your furniture and appliances.
- You can get negative comments from people who don’t like brave cats. You will have to accept that for some people the breed looks ugly or alien.
- The Sphynx is a rare breed of cat, and like any rare and exceptional, this usually means a higher than normal purchase price.